Line Cook- Five Horses Tavern South End
Five Horses Tavern South is seeking back of the house professionals to join our team! With a busy holiday and Boston Pops Show season approaching we are looking for both full-time and part-time applicants. Nights and weekend availability is a must.
Five Horses Tavern on Columbus Avenue in Boston’s historic South End is looking for experienced, talented individuals interested in cooking great food with a close knit yet welcoming team. If you’re a hard worker who exceeds expectations, send them your resume via email or stop by to fill out an application. We are within walking distance of the Orange Line, Back Bay Station, Symphony Hall, Northeastern University, Boston Medical Center and Prudential Center. Cheers! 535 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA
- Properly prepares and stocks station.
- Accurately prepares all food items during work shift according to food orders while minimizing waste.
- Safely handles food product. This includes effectively maintaining work area in a sanitized manner in compliance with state and local health and safety regulations
- Effectively communicates Sous Chef or Executive Chef in a professional manner regarding guest orders.
- Keeps track of and communicates prep needs for the following shift.
- Follows portion and quality control guidelines.
- Ensures all unused food products are stored or restocked. This includes rotation and labeling of food with dates.
- Promptly notifies Sous Chef or Executive Chef of any shortages or waste/spoilage.
- Reports any health or safety concerns/violations immediately to the Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Reports any equipment deficiencies to the Sous Chef or Executive Chef.
- Perform all duties as assigned, including completing opening and closing checklists