Executive Chef – Elm Street Taproom
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Executive Chef to open Davis Square’s newest restaurant, Elm Street Taproom. Someone with a minimum of 3 years experience commanding a full service kitchen. You will be the first in command in the facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
Hawkeye Hospitality is an established and growing restaurant group based in Boston. We currently operate Worden Hall, two Five Horses Tavern locations and set to open the highly anticipated Elm Street Taproom this December. As an expanding company we are seeking both qualified and talented individuals to join our team. We strive to create a positive atmosphere that produces the highest level of service and quality at all times. We are seeking skilled professionals to join our dynamic team. Full time availability, competitive salary with benefits package. Please forward your resume with references.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or complaints
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee and delegate kitchen staff’s activities
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers