As a growing restaurant group we are looking to expand our team with talented individuals who share our passion for hospitality. We are seeking qualified professionals who have experience with motivating and mentoring staff. As a restaurant group we strive to create a positive atmosphere, provide superior level of service, standards, quality and Covid-19 safety protocols at all times.
In this role, the Executive Chef is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the entire kitchen and its staff at the assigned Restaurant location, including but not limited to the tasks set forth below and in accordance with the Restaurant’s Employee Handbook and any other policies and procedures of the Restaurant.
Requirements: Culinary diploma with proven cooking experience, including 3+ years’ experience as a sous chef or executive chef Ability to motivate employees to work as a team and to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities Proficient with computers, to include MS Word, Excel. Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Ability to work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment and operate phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment Must be ServSafe certified and Allergen certified Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Train, delegate and supervise culinary staff to reach quality standard and time goals through motivation and coaching.
- Ensure that all food and products are constantly prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste procedures.
- Provide creative input on menu development
- Assist the General Manager in ensuring all food costs, operating expenses and labor costs relative to kitchen are met.
- Ensure quality preparation and presentation of menu items as well as general sanitation, in accordance with established standards, recipes and procedures.
- Supervise kitchen staff activities and see that the entire staff follows the rules and procedures outlined in the Restaurant’s Employee Handbook and any other policies and procedures of the Restaurant.
- Fill in where needed to ensure efficient operations and guest service standards.
- Make sure that all equipment is in good repair, is clean and is operating to specifications.
- Rectify arising problems or complaints
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Comply with Massachusetts nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards set by your direct supervisor
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs on a weekly basis
- Food cost not to exceed 31%; Kitchen labor cost not to exceed 31%
- Supervise kitchen staff activities
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Recruit and manage kitchen staff